display incorrect answers
Choose the correct verbs so that each tense appears once.
Present simple/progressive, present perfect simple/progressive, future I simple/progressive
- I five e-mails so far.signal words so far, emphasis on the result → present perfect simple
- She since seven o’clock.signal word since (emphasis on the time) → present perfect progressive
- Sandy and her mum a cake at the moment.signal words at the moment → present progressive
- Let's ask Tom. He the answer.signal word probably (supposition) → future I simple|know is a verb that we generally don't use in the progressive form
- They TV right now.supposition about the progression of an action, signal word probably → future I progressive|present progressive would also be correct (especially in American English), but then it would have to be are probably watching.
- She is well-informed about politics because she the newspaper every day.signal words every day → simple present
Complete the sentences for situations in the present. Decide which tense you need to use.