display incorrect answers
Complete the sentences. Decide if you need to use the simple past or the present perfect simple.
- He (tell/already) you why he won’t be able to come.signal word already → present perfect
- The children (go/not) to school on Monday.signal words on Monday (referring to the past) → simple past
- I (give) you his phone number last month.
Why (you/call/not) him yet?1st space: signal words last month → simple past|2nd space: signal word yet → present perfect
- (you/see) that new movie yet?signal word yet → present perfect
- I (visit) a good friend of mine the other day.signal words the other day → simple past
- My grandma (send) me a birthday present yesterday.signal word yesterday → simple past
- We (hear) a great new song on the radio two days ago.signal words two days ago → simple past
- We (get/just) home.signal word just → present perfect
- So far he (speak/only) about the company’s past successes.signal words so far → present perfect