display incorrect answers
Complete the sentences. Decide if you need to use the simple present or the present progressive.
- (he/wear/a hat/often) , but
(he/not/wear/a hat) today.1st space: often → signal word for simple present|2nd space: today → signal word for present progressive
- (we/have/breakfast/now) although
(we/not/have/breakfast/normally) at this time.1st space: now → signal word for present progressive|2nd space: normally → signal word for simple present
- (while/Grace/clean/the house) ,
(her kids/play/in the garden) .both actions are taking place simultaneously, signal word while → present progressive
- I must hurry to the bus stop because (I/meet/Ian) in an hour
and (the bus/leave) in ten minutes.1st space: agreed-upon appointment → present progressive|2nd space: time determined by a schedule → simple present
- Listen! (you/hear/that noise) ?Listen! is actually a signal word for present progressive, but hear is one of the words that we generally don't use in the progressive form.
- I grew up with dogs but now (I/have/a cat) .now is actually a signal word for present progressive, but have, indicating possession, is one of the words that we don’t use in the progressive form