display incorrect answers
Regular or irregular plural? Complete the sentences with the correct possessive form: ’s or ’.
- Steve has two brothers. Steve is not allowed to take his (brother) toys without asking.regular plural ending in -s: add an apostrophe (’) → brothers’
- The (woman) national football team won on Saturday.irregular plural: add ’s → women’s
- The zoo keeper did his round and put food in all the (animal) cages.regular plural ending in -s: add an apostrophe (’) → animals’
- The first day of the summer holidays is the (child) favourite day of the year.irregular plural: add ’s → children’s
- Hannah has lots of friends. Two of them have their birthday on the same day. Hannah is buying a dress for her (friend) joint birthday party.regular plural ending in -s: add an apostrophe (’) → friends’
Rewrite the underlined parts of the sentences using possessives with of.
- The competition’s winners will be announced later.
→ The will be announced later.noun + of + noun
- The hotel’s reviews are all five stars.
→ The are all five stars.noun + of + noun
- A captain’s job is to motivate the team.
→ The is to motivate the team. noun + of + noun
- The students’ needs are very different.
→ The are very different.noun + of + noun
- The car’s owner is German.
→The is German.noun + of + noun