display incorrect answers
Complete the sentences with the simple past of the verbs in brackets.
- William (visit) his grandparents last weekend.regular verb → add ed
- Jane (arrive) an hour ago.regular verb that ends in e → add a d
- We (go) to Bob's birthday party yesterday.irregular verb, 2nd verb form (go-went-gone)
- I (be) on holiday last week.irregular verb, 2nd verb form (be-was/were-been)|for I/he/she/it we use was
- She (see) fire.irregular verb, 2nd verb form (see-saw-seen)
Make the sentences negative.
- Tom painted the kitchen. → Tom didn’t paint the kitchen.
- I phoned Lucy last night. → I Lucy last night.didn’t + infinitive
- You cleaned your room. → You your room.didn’t + infinitive
- Olivia worked as an actress. → Olivia as an actress.didn’t + infinitive
- We looked for the treasure. → We for the treasure.didn’t + infinitive
- He spoke Spanish. → He Spanish.didn’t + infinitive
Make simple past questions using the words in brackets.
- (you/like) ………………… avocados? → Do you like avocados?
- (you/dance) at the party last night?did + subject + infinitive
- (she/do) her homework?did + subject + infinitive
- (Robert/work) at the post office?did + subject + infinitive
- (they/help) you with the washing-up?did + subject + infinitive
- When (I/say) that?question word + did + subject + infinitive