display incorrect answers
Write the participles for the following verbs.
| ||present participle||past participle||perfect participle|
||regular verb: basic form + ing/ed
||regular present participle|irregular past form (go-went-gone); for past/perfect participle we need the third form
||an e at the end of the word is left off when adding ing|irregular verb (come-came-come); for past/perfect participle we need the third form, which happens to be the same as the basic form in this case
Type in the verb in the correct form (present participle, past participle or perfect participle).
- (prepare) by the best cook in town, the meal was sheer poetry.passive (the meal was prepared) → past participle
- (study) all day, her head was aching in the evening.action took place earlier → perfect participle
- (lie) on the sofa, they were watching TV.actions took place at the same time → present participle
- (run) five miles, he noticed that he had lost his keys on the way.action took place earlier → perfect participle
- Before (leave) the house, I always check if all lights are switched-off.action takes place regularly → present participle